Monday, July 21, 2014

Ease on Down the Road

JR just finished 3 shows of The Wiz as the Tin Man and just look how cute his costume and make-up were! (I can say that because I didn't have anything to do with it.)
 
 

Here's his big solo number. (I was allowed to video!) This was his first performance, and I actually think he got better with each one. (I only videoed the first night, I wanted to just watch and enjoy the other shows.)
 


I had never seen The Wiz before, and I think I like it even more than The Wizard of Oz (and not just because JR was in it). The songs are so catchy! Kyle, Reed, and I have been walking around the house singing Ease on Down the Road and JR's solo for a few days now.
 
 

I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped when I saw him on stage for the first time. He looked so old with all his make-up. His entire face, neck, and ears (even inside his ears) were covered in silver and his hair was also sprayed silver. His make-up was definitely a process. He said they "painted" him, then sprayed his hair while his face dried, then added the face details. He said they usually weren't finished with his make-up until after the show had already started.
 
 
JR's been so sad the show is over. (He hasn't been upset about a show ending since Willy Wonka), and though I don't want my child to be sad, I'm thrilled he had so much fun and enjoyed it so much.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a show! He was ADORABLE!!!MR

Anonymous said...

I can just see JR performing in a lot of plays from now on!!! Looks like he had a great time and was so good!!! Glad I had the opportunity to see him in person last fall!!!