Friday, June 27, 2014

Feathered Friend Friday

I don't care much for bird shows, and totally not into parrots and such for pets, but the bird show we saw in St. Thomas was pretty much the most awesome thing ever.
 
As you can see by the pictures, a crazy bird lady has trained her birds to be held like babies.  She can even throw them up in the air in this position and catch them (they just lie still like they are).
 
Look how excited Kyle and Reed's faces are to be holding these birds.

The birds (who she's had for 35 years) also play basketball, ride bicycles, and roller skate.
 
She told us they'll live to be about 85, and that they are going to go to a zoo in Australia once she can't care for them anymore.


 
 
When it was Kyle's turn to get his individual picture made he said, "I'm taking off my hat, I want to feel the bird on my head!"


 
I've never been so excited about seeing some birds in my life, I even told the crazy bird lady she should try out for America's Got Talent.
 

No comments: