Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Good Rain

So you might have heard we're a bit damp up here in the Denver/Boulder area.
 
 
I say "a bit damp" simply because in Texas the amount we've gotten would prompt my dad to proclaim "we got a good rain".
 
 
 
Here in Colorado, my dad's definition of a "good rain" means school is closed today and tomorrow.  
Roads have washed away.
And I actually heard one friend use the words "biblical proportions" in reference to the wet stuff falling from the sky.
 
 
 
To be fair, this did happen a mile or so from our house.

But please don't let the above image worry you, we are totally fine and totally dry.
 
As evidenced by my childrens' request to go to lunch at Golden Corral where they proceeded to eat cotton candy in "biblical proportions".

1 comment:

Angie Vik said...

Wow! hard to believe how much rain Colorado has had. Glad you guys are safe. Hope it's done for awhile.