Monday, July 22, 2013

The New Roommate

A little over a week ago I was down by my parents' gate and heard screaming.
I thought it was one of the kids, but it was actually a little kitten meowing.
Kyle was with me, and he ran out into the pasture and scooped her up.
 
 
I told him to put her down, but she followed us up to the house anyway
(even after being continually picked up and "loved" by Kyle).
 
 
"Good news" of a kitten spreads quickly and soon Reed was there too.
 
 
Jason is severely, severely allergic to cats (I thought he was exaggerating until I saw his eyes swell shut after just being near one) so I thought it would be funny to send him this text:
 
Kyle found a kitten. He's in love.


When I didn't get an answer I sent:
So is Reed.
(I think this picture is hilarious. Just look at that poor cat's face!)
 
 
 
He finally answered with: I hope you are not keeping that cat???
 
 
 
To which I replied:
Hummmm...
 
Because how do you not feed a little crying kitten?
And then as soon as she had a full belly she started purring.
To which Reed said, "Listen, she's purling!"
 
 
And then once you have one 5 year old talking about a 'purling' kitten and another one packing her around like a purse, all bets are off.
She has to stay, right?
 
 
 
Kyle named her "Mittens", but we still just call her "Kitty", and she seems to have definitely moved in (moved into the barn that is...when she's not acting as Kyle's purse, of course).




No comments: